Carbon, Inc.Updated December 4, 2017
The Information Carbon Collects:
- User-Provided Personal Information: When using the Website or Service, such as when you sign up to receive a newsletter or other information from Carbon or register for an account or order or use products or services through the Service, you may provide to Carbon what is generally called Personally Identifiable Information (“Personally Identifiable Information”). As used in this Policy, Personal Identifiable Information is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Website or Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Carbon may also permit third parties to place cookies on the Service. Carbon may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Website, Service or Products that communicate with the Services or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from the Products or your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, support status, usage statistics and other information regarding your use of the Products and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service or Products.
The Way Carbon Uses Information:
Carbon may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways for the purpose of operating the Service and our business, such as:
- Carbon may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways in the operation of the Service and our business, such as:
- Carbon may use the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service, connecting to and integrating with your Linked Accounts, and personalizing the Service for your and other users’ specific preferences, including processing purchases, orders, returns/exchanges or requests for information or services. We may use your email address and other information to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service or Product support purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding any content that you have posted to the Service.
- Carbon may use all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Products and Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Various aspects of the Service and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Products or Service may include relevant advertisements that may be selected based in part on your Personally Identifiable Information, including your preferences and usage patterns within the Service.
- Carbon may now or in the future use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Carbon and third party marketing activities; (c) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, applications accessed, etc.; (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities; and (e) monitor, track, support and maintain your use of Products.
- Carbon may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send promotional email related to the Service we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by submitting a request to privacy@carbon3D.com.
When Carbon Discloses Information: We are not in the business of selling your information. We may, however, disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of circumstances for the purpose of operating the Service and our business, such as:
- The Service may now or in the future enable users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily choose to share with another user or third party through the Service, or in a publicly accessible area on the Service, will be available to others who access that content. Once you make your Personally Identifiable Information available in this way, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- Carbon may make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-Personally Identifiable Information available to third parties to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service or Products.
- Carbon may work with third party service providers to provide for the sale of Products pursuant to other agreements that we may have with you, register or enroll users for newsletters, accounts or other Services, manage mailing lists, provide newsletters or other information to users for Carbon, provide website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us. In connection with providing services for us, these third parties may have access to or process your Personally Identifiable Information. Third parties to which we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information may authorize certain government and law enforcement agencies access to information stored by such third parties without providing notice to Carbon, in some cases as required by law and in other cases voluntarily, and Carbon has no control over such activities.
- Carbon may also disclose your information, in connection with the provision of Services and Product to you to third parties who market, sell, support or otherwise provide products or services relating to the Service or Products, including materials vendors and support services providers for the Products.
- Carbon may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with investigative or law enforcement activity.
- Carbon also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Carbon and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of Carbon, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personally Identifiable Information with Carbon, in which case Carbon may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Website, Service, or in the Products. Where provided by law, you may request access to Personally Identifiable Information that Carbon holds about you by sending an email to privacy@carbon3D.com. Carbon will process that request in accordance with any applicable laws and our policies and procedures for dealing with such requests. Where required by law, Carbon will also take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. There may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access to your Personally Identifiable Information, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and is not reasonably severable, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. When changes are made to your Personally Identifiable Information, third parties that have previously accessed or received the information may still have access to cached or other copies, and we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and account information at all times.
Third Party Services:
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Carbon does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access THE SERVICE at any time or in any manner. If Carbon learns that Personally Identifiable Information of children under the age of 13 has been collected on the Service without verifiable parental consent, then Carbon reserves the right to take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert Carbon at privacy@carbon3D.com and request that Carbon delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Carbon is not in the business of providing information technology security services. While we do employ certain limited physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to help improve the integrity and security of your personal information, no physical or technical system, process, transmission, or storage mechanism is completely secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, circumvention, design or implementation flaws, and human error. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant that information you transmit to Carbon will not be lost or compromised, either during or after transmission. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure.
If you are in the European Union, Switzerland, Japan or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you agree your Personally Identifiable Information may be stored and processed in any country where we operate, including the United States and other countries, the privacy law of which may be considered less strict than those of your region.
Affiliates; In the Event of Merger or Sale:
Carbon may now or in the future be affiliated directly or indirectly with other companies, such as parent companies and subsidiaries (and their parent companies and subsidiaries), and reserves the right to transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any of these affiliated companies. In the event that all or a portion of Carbon or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third party entity or is subject to a change of control, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Carbon Contact Information: