Carbon, Inc.Updated May 24, 2018
The Information Carbon Collects:
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, job title and company.
- Through the Services:When using the Services, such as when you sign up to receive a newsletter or other information, register for an account, or order or use products or services through or in connection with the Services, including your use of Carbon products that may communicate with the Services, you provide Personal Information to Carbon.
- Offline Information: We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g. when you place an order over the phone or contact our Services team.
- Information from Other Sources:We also obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Services, such as third parties who market, sell, support or otherwise provide products or services relating to the Services, including publicly available databases such as ZoomInfo and LinkedIn.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual:
Carbon may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. You may also wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential. You also may not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. The Site and Services do not currently support technology to respond to “do-not-track” browser signals, or other mechanisms to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about users’ online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
- “Automatically Collected” Information:When you use the Services, we may automatically record certain information from our products or your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” We use this information to measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Services, the pages you view on the Services, support status, usage statistics and other information regarding your use of our products and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly, including calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
How and Why Carbon Uses Personal Information:
Carbon uses Personal Information in a variety of ways for legitimate business purposes, such as:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests: Carbon uses the Personal Information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Services, including connecting to and integrating with your Linked Accounts, and processing purchases, orders, returns/exchanges or requests for information or services.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service or product support purposes, or to allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services: Carbon uses the Personal Information that you provide to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Services work and look, to better understand you so that we can personalize the Services and our interactions with you, and to create new features and functionality.
We will provide personalized services with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Providing you with marketing materials and facilitating social sharing: Various aspects of the Services and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Services will include relevant advertisements and product or company information that may be selected based in part on your Personal Information, including your preferences and usage patterns within the Services.
We also use your Personal Information to facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use. We will engage in these activities with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information: We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- Allowing you to participate in promotions: We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
- Accomplishing our business purposes: We use your Personal Information for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services; for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements; for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft; for developing new products and services; and for enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
We also use Personal Information for identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users; for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and for operating and expanding our business activities.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
When and Why Carbon Discloses Personal Information:
We disclose your Personal Information:
- When you elect to disclose Personal Information by using the Services: Any Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to share with another user or third party through the Services, or in a publicly accessible area on the Services, will be available to others who access that content. You may also disclose Personal Information through your social sharing activity. Once you make your Personal Information available in this way, it may be collected and used by the public without restriction.
- To our third-party service providers: Carbon works with third-party service providers to provide for the provision of products pursuant to other agreements that we may have with you, register or enroll users for newsletters, accounts or other Services, manage mailing lists, provide newsletters or other information to users for Carbon, and provide website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us.
- To our third-party service providers: Carbon works with third-party service providers to provide for the provision of products pursuant to other agreements that we may have with you, register or enroll users for newsletters, accounts or other Services, manage mailing lists, provide newsletters, marketing or other information to users for Carbon, provide materials and support services related to our products, and provide website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
Carbon’s Other Uses and Disclosures of Personal Information:
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so.
- To comply with applicable law, respond to requests from public and governmental authorities, and to cooperate with law enforcement: Carbon discloses your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), which can include laws outside your country of residence. We also disclose your information in response to requests from public and governmental authorities, such as a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, to cooperate with investigative or law enforcement activity, or to provide information we think is important. These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- For other legal reasons: Carbon also discloses your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Carbon and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to enforce our terms and conditions; to protect the security or integrity of the Services; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of Carbon, our users, or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction: Carbon has a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
Carbon’s Uses and Disclosures of Other Information:
Your Choices and Access:
You have the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, either through links provided in the messages or by submitting a request to privacy@carbon3D.com.
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to Carbon, or you may request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), by sending an email to privacy@carbon3D.com. Carbon will process your request in accordance with any applicable laws and our policies and procedures for dealing with such requests.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, Carbon may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that Carbon may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
The Services contain references and links to Web sites and services provided by third parties.
Any Personal Information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Information.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
Carbon does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the Services is directed to persons under 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If Carbon learns that Personal Information of children under the age of 16 has been collected on the Services without verifiable parental consent, then Carbon reserves the right to take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 16 has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert Carbon at privacy@carbon3D.com and request that Carbon delete that child’s Personal Information from its systems.
While we seek to employ reasonable limited physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to help improve the integrity and security of your Personal Information, no physical or technical system, process, transmission, or storage mechanism is completely secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, circumvention, design or implementation flaws, and human error. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant that information you transmit to Carbon will not be lost or compromised, either during or after transmission. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
International Visitors and Cross-Border Transfers:
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we operate or in which we engage service providers, and by using our Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting privacy@carbon3D.com.
Carbon Contact Information:
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Additional Information for Individuals in the EEA:
If you are located in the EEA, you also may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.